Federal Canadian Experience Class

Home  >>  CANADA IMMIGRATION  >>  Federal Canadian Experience Class

This category introduced on 2007 for temporary foreign workers and foreign students who graduated in Canada.

You must meet the following minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class.

  • You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • You must have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before applying
  • You must have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
  • You must meet the required language levels

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or
  • Skill Level A (professional occupations) or
  • Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades)

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada amends the requirements of this category from time to time. Changes to the requirements reflect the changes in the Canadian labour market and in the broader economy and society. It also reflects the changing demands on the part of prospective immigrants to Canada. Hence, we advise not to delay to apply for the Canadian immigration when you are eligible, or not to delay to consult with us regarding your eligibility.

This immigration program should be applied through the Express Entry.