Work Permit

Home  >>  CANADA IMMIGRATION  >>  Work Permit

Every year, over 150,000 foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily in jobs that help Canadian employers address skill or labour shortages, or to work as live-in caregivers. To apply for a work permit, you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from your employer at first. Your employer can apply for LMIA to Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) and a LMIA confirms that the employer can fill the job with a foreign worker. A work permit is needed for most temporary jobs in Canada, but some jobs do not require a work permit or LMIA.

Canada has its immigration policy for the development of its economy and society.

Thus, they have changed immigration programs in order to bring into workers with skills in shortage. This has brought more opportunity for work permit holders or international students to immigrate to Canada. So, getting work permit and Canadian experience is a very important key for easier way to immigrate and for a successful immigration after all.

The requirements of LMIA is very complex and vary according to the province. We strongly recommend to consult with us and get our professional assistance for your successful LMIA and work permit.