BC PNP Tech Pilot
BC PNP Tech Pilot
The Province of British Columbia launched a new PNP program, called BC PNP Tech Pilot in August 2017. As the demand for talent in BC’s tech sector is increasing faster than supply, this program is to expedite the application processing of immigration candidates in key in demand occupations. The BC PNP Tech Pilot supports the attraction of skilled workers in technology sector and to satisfy the demand for tech talent by expanding BC's talent pool of skilled workers.
The BC PNP Tech Pilot features:
- Dedicated concierge service
- Tech employers have access to relevant immigration information.
- Weekly invitations for tech registrants to apply
- Tech employers have timely access to qualified individuals in the 32 eligible key tech occupations.
- Priority processing
- Dedicated BC PNP Tech Team and next business day assignment of tech applications in the 32 in-demand
- Focused outreach and engagement
- BC PNP sessions and events tailored for the tech sector, including one-on-one employer support.
The BC PNP will issue invitations weekly to qualified registrants who have a valid job offer in one of the 32 eligible occupations.
Applicants need a full-time, indeterminate job offer from an eligible employer in BC. The BC PNP offers different categories for individuals under its Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS), depending on their job, work experience, and level of education.
The process of BC PNP Tech Pilot:
- Registration: According to the eligible category, candidate needs to register online in SIRS and receive a registration score. Registration is free.
- Weekly Invitation: BC PNP will conduct a tech draw weekly to invite the highest-scoring technology sector registrants to apply.
- Application: Invited candidates have up to 30 calendar days from the date of invitation to submit a complete online application. The BC government application fee is $700.
- Priority Processing: BC PNP will process the application on a priority basis.
- IRCC Application: If approved, the applicant receives a nomination approval letter and he or she can use it to apply for permanent residence.
- Permanent Residence
Note: The nominees can be provided with a work permit support letter. They can apply for or renew their work permit with this support letter, without requiring a LMIA.
32 In-Demand Occupations of BC PNP Tech Pilot
|Telecommunication carriers managers||0131|
|Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts||0512|
|Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations||1123|
|Electrical and electronics engineers||2133|
|Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)||2147|
|Information systems analysts and consultants||2171|
|Database analysts and data administrators||2172|
|Software engineers and designers||2173|
|Computer programmers and interactive media developers||2174|
|Web designers and developers||2175|
|Biological technologists and technicians||2221|
|Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians||2241|
|Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)||2242|
|Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics||2243|
|Computer network technicians||2281|
|User support technicians||2282|
|Information systems testing technicians||2283|
|Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants||4163|
|Authors and writers||5121|
|Translators, terminologists and interpreters||5125|
|Audio and video recording technicians||5225|
|Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts||5226|
|Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts||5227|
|Graphic designers and illustrators||5241|
|Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade||6221|
** If you are interested in Canadian immigration, it is strongly recommended to get eligibility assessment through our professional expert as soon as possible. You might be eligible for a new pilot program and to obtain a Canadian PR on a fast-track basis.
** Should you need our professional service, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-604-928-5700 (Canada) / 61-450-908-328 (Australia).